Cancer Well-fit is a non-profit organization which provides a supervised, small-group exercise program designed to support the first-year cancer survivor. Under the guidance of certified fitness trainers, participants are instructed in specific exercises designed to strengthen their body safely in a supervised environment. Patients weakened from surgery and/or treatment are able to build stamina and speed their return to wellness in a supportive, small-group environment.
The Cancer Well-fit Program is a 10-week program that runs quarterly. Class size is limited and meetings are three times per week at noon. At the end of each session, participants are assisted in developing a personalized fitness program which they can continue as a way of life. It requires pre-registraiton and a doctor’s medical release. It is offered free of charge to all participants and is open to all survivors within the first year of diagnosis. We are a 501c3 non-profit (Tax ID 27-363-5992)
It is held at Avila Bay Athletic Club & Spa and also Paso Robles Sports Club and is designed to:
- Restore and build muscle strength and endurance
- Increase energy, balance, and function
- Provide social and emotional support
- Promote relaxation in a resort-like setting. Partcipants can choose from a variety of services likes aquatic therapy, restorative yoga, warming pools, saunas, massage and more.
- Provide support to participant’s family and caregiver
Avila Bay Athletic Club & Spa
6699 Bay Laurel Place
805 595 7600 x122
Paso Robles Sports Club
2975 Union Road
805 237 7397