MY PURPOSE FOUND ME!
I am an eight-year Cancer Conqueror. I overcame Hodgkins Lymphoma, which included enduring chemotherapy and radiation treatments and the ups and downs of cancer. While going through my cancer journey, I noticed that there was a gap. Something was missing. I had a great oncologist and healthcare team. However, once I left the doctor’s office ,there was not a whole lot of emotional support. Although I had the support of my family, they had a hard time understanding what I was feeling. I want to help others take care of the emotional side of cancer because most cancer patients don’t have anyone that they can confide in or anyone who knows what it is like to have cancer.
I became a cancer coach because I do not want anyone to feel like they are alone and misunderstood. I want to use my experience and ongoing learning to help others conquer the challenges of cancer, its diagnosis, its treatment, and the “secret” side effects that are not usually discussed.
I am a private person, but my purpose found me, and it includes sharing my story with others to help them through their cancer journey. I have willingly stepped outside of my comfort zone to serve, to help cancer patients and survivors develop a mindset to mentally defeat cancer, conquer their fears, and take charge of their health.
Some of the BENEFITS that I provide as a cancer coach:
- I serve as a skilled coach and support person who understands and is FOCUSED on cancer patients and their families. I am dedicated to LISTENING and ENGAGING with you to help address your needs.
- I save you time, effort, and energy by doing the research to find information about your type of cancer and the treatments that are recommended by your doctor, resources available, etc. This will prevent you from drowning in information.
- I help to bridge the communication gap between you, your oncologist and healthcare team … .therefore, maximizing your time in short doctor visits.
- I help you understand your cancer treatment and survivorship plans so that you can take control of your health and make informed decisions.
- I help you feel more satisfied with your quality of life in recovery by providing techniques to manage your emotions, reduce fear, and create a peace of mind.
- I help pick up the pieces after your cancer treatments are complete. Let’s figure out what is next and how to get there because there is LIFE during and AFTER cancer!
Please feel free to call, text, or email me. I also do coaching through Zoom and Skype. I would be happy to join you on your cancer journey and help you reach a new happy and healthy life that is On the Other Side of cancer!
I’ve worked with Talaya for more than 6 years and am familiar with her cancer journey.
I can still remember how nervous but determined she was at the time of her diagnosis.
During her 6 months of chemotherapy,
Talaya remained positive and poised beyond her years.
In her follow up visits, she has remained positive and keeps up to speed
on issues associated with survivorship.
I can’t think of a better person to offer support
to those who are coping with a new diagnosis of cancer,
going through treatment, or in the follow up phase of disease.
– Daniel M. Anderson, MD, MPH, Hematology/Oncology