Dr. Oster began his medical practice in Canada (yes, he’s Canadian) in 2005. He completed his 4-year pre-med Bachelor of Science degree (with honors) from Queen’sUniversity in Kingston, Ontario, in 1999. He was then accepted to the 4-year medical program at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, in Toronto, from which he graduated in 2004.
In 2005, he and his wife Leah (also an ND) started their medical practice in Collingwood, Ontario. As their clinic grew, David recalls how his cancer patients and their lovely families seemed to impact him in a way unlike any other condition he was treating. They captured his clinical passion and personal heart. As word got out, Dr.Oster’s general practice steadily took on an ever-increasing oncology focus.
After 7 years of general practice, Dr. Oster decided to devote his professional career exclusively to caring for oncology patients and their loved ones. In 2012, he was hired on into a clinical staff position at Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®), a large integrative cancer hospital located in Atlanta, GA.
During his 5 years on the front-lines of a high-volume cancer hospital, he had the rare privilege of working daily, shoulder-to-shoulder, with some of the finest medical & radiation oncologists in the country, integrating naturopathic medicine with conventional therapies in real time.
Dr. Oster became board certified as a Fellow of the American Board of Naturopathic Oncology (FABNO) in 2014, a fellowship reserved only for those NDs who have at least 2 years of concentrated practice in clinical oncology and who pass the national regulatory examinations for this board.
During his time in the hospital setting, David was recognized with an “Excellence in Leadership Award” and 2 “Silver Medal Awards” for outstanding clinical care of patients, exceeding the already high standards for the facility. His clinical abilities were also recognized by his superiors and he was elected to hold multiple clinical lead positions until he left. Dr. Oster held the Preceptorship Lead (training 9 staff physicians into their clinical roles at the hospital), Clinical Lead (daily coordinating patient care and establishing standards of excellence for his department), stand-in Director, and he wasselected as his department’s representative on numerous hospital committees, mostnotably the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC).
In 2017, Dr. Oster left CTCA® and founded Oster Oncology, a telemedicine-based medical practice designed to deliver his unique expertise in naturopathic integrative oncology via video consultations to patients internationally.
Dr. Oster is a frequent public speaker on the topic of evidence-based integrative oncology and standards of best practice in this discipline.
Academic & Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor of Science (Pre-medicine, 4 years), with honors (1999). Queens University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
- Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine (4-year program) (2004). Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, Toronto,
• Fellow of the American Board of Naturopathic Oncology (FABNO) (2014).
- “Naturopathic Medicine in the Integrative Oncology Setting”
- “Naturopathic Medicine & Chemoprevention – Survey of Current Evidence”
- “Evidence-based Naturopathic Oncology”
- “Epigenetics & Naturopathic Medicine: Epigenetic & Molecular Mechanisms”
- “Naturopathic Medicine – Integrative Care in Breast Cancer”
- “Cancer Prevention & Therapeutic Role of Naturopathic Medicine”
- “Integrative Oncology in Breast Cancer – Through Active Treatment & Survivorship”